Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Hi again. I can only apologise for not adding anything recently; just put it down to the good weather here and my laziness.

I am still enjoying life here. The aforementioned good weather makes me feel so sorry for all the dreadful weather back in NI. Yesterday was a National Holiday and we went out to the Toronto Islands. Had lunch, lazed around under a tree by the lake watching all the picnickers with their enormous spreads. When Canadians do picnics they really go to town!

On Sunday when Susan was working I went up to the Wheatsheaf pub to watch the Euro 2012 final.
We had earlier walked along College Street which is the heart of Little Italy. Everywhere was in real festive mood. Everyone seemed to be wearing Italy shirts and carrying flags. Thank goodness I wasn't anywhere around there at the final whistle; they must have been so disappointed. The match itself was superb. Spain turned it on when it mattered and there was never any doubt which was the better team.

OK SOME PHOTOS........

I have no idea why anyone would give such a name to a pub.



I watched this strip of ravioli being made in St Lawrence Market.
The pasta, coloured with spinach, was stuffed with ricotta.
Lovely meal.



My first harvest of zucchini (courgettes).
The biggest was about 4-5 inches long. I probably picked them too early but I was so pleased at how easy they are to grow I couldn't resist it.



This is what happens if you leave them for a few more days.
The lemon is to indicate a sense of scale.
The one on the left is just over 10 inches. And there are more on the way!

I have already used a few of them in a pasta dish which worked well. Tonight I made a salad which was superb.

Try it. The only thing different that I did was to add a good squeeze of lemon juice at the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment